Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Yet to hear a cogent argument from Obama supporters

Ok, there is no doubt that George Bush has screwed some things up. The Iraq situation is finally beginning to calm down, so lets start slowly pulling our troops brigade by brigade. I'm sure people on both sides of the political spectrum could agree with that.

When I speak with people who are supporting Obama I find that they are upset about Iraq, which is understandable. They think that John McCain will be Bush number two and will keep us in Iraq for another 100 years. Maybe he will be, I don't know. But once the conversation gets off the Iraq issue I have found that people don't know anything about his policies or past stances that he has changed within a 6 month period.

All I hear is that he is so fresh, brings new perspectives, he is young and vibrant, great public speaker (only when he's on a teleprompter). That all sounds great, and in most high schools those characteristics could easily get you elected to student council.

It is simple, the man has no substance and clearly neither do a majority of his supporters.
Many of them can't even tell you their favorite stance that Obama takes on issues (besides the Iraq War). Oh but, "he will get the rest of the world to like us again," I don't know how many times I've heard that.

What should it matter that the rest of the world likes us? Should we care if were not liked by Hamas, Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro, Kim Jung Ill or Ahmadinejad. I personally have no problem being hated by Dictators who silence free speech/press and support/fund terrorist activities.

Benito Mussolini was loved by many Americans and politicians, the Nazi press loved FDR's New Deal in the 1930's. Obama has gained support from the terrorist group Hamas and has been hailed by many European/Asian political figures. Even President Ahmadinejad of Iran supports Obama. Does that scare anyone?

Open up your eyes America, or things will CHANGE. History will once again repeat itself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, Obama scares the crap out of me. And goes against everything I stand for.